Day 2Devotional: Psalm 98
As already established, God has a sense of humor. In many ways, that's a very good thing.
Yesterday I talked about uncertainty and doubt. Today, the reading is about seeing a "new thing" and singing a "new song." Sure enough, God has shown me a new thing on the career front (more on that when things are final and official.) He has blessed me with a friend that pointed out that truly God is capable of all things (Romans 8:28). Which was comforting. It also reinforced that I need to work on that patience thing.
Questions for reflection1. What are the biggest obstacles to your ability to see—and accept—God doing new things?
- My severe lack of patience
- My wanting to do/fix/solve things myself, my way. Not necessarily being open to what God really wants.
- Too much faith in my abilities, too little faith in God
2. What new things have you seen so far this year? What has enabled you to see them, and in what ways are you resisting and embracing them?
- The New Beginnings process at WPPC, totally embracing that change. Seeing nothing but positive come out. Scary positive because of the changes that we must embark upon, but hopeful that we can make them happen.
- The imminent career change. Literally, today, am accepting what's coming.