Thursday, February 26, 2015

Lenten Devotion -- Thursday, February 25

Day 8


I'm amazed. Intellectually, I've know that God is never far and always looks out for me and my familly. What's amazing is how little I've been focusing on that in my day to day life. This meditation has helped me with that focus and has made me even more aware of God's hand in my life. The way events have been unfolding and the way the devotional has been fitting in has been a real wake up call.

Today's Psalm echos yesterday's Psalm in that God is our protector. God protects us in all situations from all dangers.

Rather than taking comfort in that feeling and being smug about it, I believe that we should take that feeling with us as we step outside our comfort zones to work for God's Kingdom. We should not expect for that to be easy, but we should expect that God is with us every step of the way.

My help comes from the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth.
Questions for reflection:
  1. Look back at your life. What are some of the anxiety-provoking situations that God has helped you through?
    1. Every job transition.
    2. The passing of my parents and my aunt.
    3. Dealing with the aftermath of their passing.
  2. What are some of your biggest anxieties today? Pray the words to this psalm with those fears in mind.
    1. Another job transition.
    2. The questions about next steps.

God our help, may we know deep inside that you are with us always, even when our worlds seem to be falling apart.

No comments: