Sunday, March 15, 2015

Lenten Devotion -- Sunday, March 15

Day 25


Everybody praise the Lord! Everybody and everything, praise the Lord! It makes sense that the creature should praise the creator. I suspect that nature understands that and praises the Lord always.It's humans that have problems with that concept. At least humans in the first world. I don't want to sound like I'm being judgmental about the world I live in, but I think we sometimes forget who made that world and who keeps it going. We specially lose track of the creature/creator role because we harbor the belief that we are self-sufficient. Because of that belief, we probably don't pay near as much attention to our status as creature as we should should.


Questions for reflection:
  1. Who or what is excluded from your worship life? What is preventing them from joining you in worship? Now imagine you are joining with all creation in worship. How do you feel?
    1. Sometimes the way a question is phrased pre-supposes a certain answer or set of answers. The first two questions fall squarely in that category. I'm relatively sure that there is nothing or no-one that should be in my worship life that is not. If the intent is to draw folks into my way worship, I'm very ambivalent about that. I am definitely fine with inviting anybody who will listen long enough to come and join me in worship. But I'm not ok with thinking that the way I worship is the only, or even the right way of worshiping.
    2. The image of joining all creation in worship is a wonderful image. Being part of the whole body of Christ, part of all the creatures, being in harmony with all of God's creatures in worshiping the creator would be amazing.
  2. How would you live your life differently if you truly acted from the belief that all things belong to God?
    1. I would make all of my life about worship, not just a part of my life.

No comments: