Friday, March 13, 2015

Lenten Devotion -- Thursday, March 12

Day 22


Today's been a sad day: Sir Terry Pratchett, my favorite author, passed away. He lost his battle with alzheimer's. It's times like these that Psalms can be a comfort. I could focus on the grief and loss, or I can focus on God's greatness and comfort.



May God be gracious to us and bless us
    and make his face shine on us—
so that your ways may be known on earth,
    your salvation among all nations.

God will get all of us Pratchett fans through this. We will look to God for comfort.
Questions for reflection:
  1. When you look at the earth, where do you see God’s abundance?
    1. I hate to admit it, but the reflection questions are starting to feel a bit repetitive.
    2. But maybe that's the point, to continuously look for God's bounty everywhere, and stay focused on the Psalms.
    3. I see God's abundance pretty much wherever I look, if my eyes are open.
  2. What are the places in your life where you see God’s abundance and blessing?
    1. Being surrounded by loved ones.
    2. Having friends that understand me.
    3. Knowing that God has equipped me to get through whatever life throws at me.

No comments: