Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Lenten Devotion -- Tuesday, March 24

Day 34


If you were to ask me what an ideal life looks like, one of the first requirements would be to have friends and family around me. In close proximity. Possibly a commune even. Community living, community support, community fellowship: All sound ideal. Now, I realize that is all idealized thinking (no pun intended) but I believe committed folks could make it work.

Looking at the world today, where there are many factions at work causing us to fear and distrust each other, it feels like one possible antidote would be placing a higher priority on community.
How good and pleasant it is
    when God’s people live together in unity!
Questions for reflection:
  1. Where in your life do you experience unity between people? Where is it missing?
    1. I experience it around my family.
    2. I experience it at Church.
    3. I experience it at Faith on Tap.
    4. It's missing from an awful lot of the rest of the world. But maybe it's our duty to go take it out there.

No comments: