Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Lenten Devotion -- Tuesday,March 31

Day 41


There's an anthem, by Hal Hopson I believe, based on psalm 91: It is running through my head right now. It's a great anthem in it's own right, but the lyrics are fantastic. Essentially, the world can be going to heck in a handbasket, and the world may literally be firing arrows at you, but God will watch over you and protect you. Literally taking you under God's wings. You don't get more protected than that.

It is tempting to say: gee the themes for these meditations seem to be repetitive, or just variations on a theme. But that's the point: God's comfort and protection is from everlasting to everlasting and we need to be constantly aware of them. Being humans, however, we are easily distracted and can easily get caught up in the turmoil of life and then we try to take it all on ourselves... So we do need the constant reminders.
You who live in the shelter of the Most High,
    who abide in the shadow of the Almighty,
will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress;
    my God, in whom I trust.”

No comments: