Thursday, March 19, 2015

Lenten Devotion -- Wednesday, March 18

Day 28


A psalm of confession. This psalm is attributed to David, after he "had been with" Bathsheba. God chose his people, very carefully, to show us that however far we stray we cannot stray so far that we are out of God's reach. Or God's Grace and forgiveness. Not to say that we should give ourselves permission to just live a sinful life, but that we should realize that as humans, when we stray we should give ourselves permission to accept God's forgiveness and allow ourselves to then live a life of wholeness. Forgiven, striving to be God's people and do God's will. We need to look to work for the Kingdom and not wallow in our guilt.

Create in me a clean heart, O God,
    and put a new and right spirit within me.

O Lord, open my lips,
    and my mouth will declare your praise.
And guide me, O Lord, in how you want me to bring forth your kingdom.

No comments: